To explore the Biblical principles of comprehensive evangelism in the context of the world's major cities and present practical methods of reaching city populations in their unique cultural context in conjunction with multiple city evangelistic meetings in New York City. To equip Division/Union/Conference/
DATES, SCHEDULE and FEE
There will be two separate International Field Schools.
- The full International Field School of Evangelism will be conducted from June 7-29, 2013, with visiting evangelists arriving on Wednesday, June 5 and an orientation meeting on Thursday, June 6. Visiting evangelists will begin their meetings on Friday evening June 7, or Saturday night June 8. International Field School classes will begin on Sunday, June 8 at 10:00am. They will be conducted three days a week, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, from 10:00am to 1:00pm. On Mondays and Wednesdays each visiting evangelist will be free to meet with the pastors they are working with in their evangelistic series. All afternoons will be left free for personal preparation for the evening evangelistic meeting or visitation of interests.
- The intensive International Field School of Evangelism will be conducted from June 23-29, 2013, for pastors, evangelists, and departmental directors who may not be able to spend the entire month in New York, but who desire to participate in an intensive evangelistic seminar. Classes will be conducted five hours a day for six days from Sunday to Friday for thirty hours of classes. Attendees should plan to arrive on Thursday, June 20, for an orientation on Friday 21 at 10:00am, and leave on Sunday, June 30. On Sabbaths and evenings during the week, attendees will be attending evangelistic meetings throughout the city.
- There is NO FEE to register or to participate in the School of Evangelism.
All Field School Classes will be conducted at the Greater New York Conference Adventist Community Center complex, located at 41-26 58th Street, Woodside, NY 11377. 4.3 miles from LaGuardia International Airport (LGA); 11.5 miles from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK); and 18.8 miles from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
Class topics will include: The Holy Spirit and Outreach, Life changing Prayer, Revival and Evangelism, Health Ministry, Family Life Outreach, Lay Bible Study Ministry, Small Groups, Literature Ministry, Involving Young People in Christ's Mission, Developing an Evangelistic Strategy, Equipping Lay People for Service, Understanding your Community, Preparing Evangelistic Budgets, Effective Evangelistic Advertising, Holding an Audience, Evangelistic Preaching, Decisions, Appeals, Making Baptism Meaningful, Follow Up and Nurture, Sustaining Evangelistic Momentum in a City and much, much more.
The General Conference will provide the following materials for each participant:
- A comprehensive evangelistic resource manual.
- A complete series of new evangelistic graphics of 25 sermons titled "Revelation of Hope."
- Volume 1 and 2 of "End-Time Messages from Jesus", a total of 37 evangelistic sermons in Power Point and in Keynote, illustrated with brand new graphics, with one folder locked, and another folder open for each one to modify the text or to translate into other languages. Also the scripts with the sermons will be in PDF and in Word.
- A series of Revival Sermons on the Holy Spirit.
- An evangelistic advertising packet.
- A Countdown Schedule for comprehensive city evangelism including a multi-faceted strategy for preparation, implementation, and continuation of city evangelism outreach activities.
- A curriculum for Division/Union/Conference wide evangelistic activities and training schools.
- Samples of ongoing seminars and training programs to equip members for ongoing, comprehensive evangelism in their local field.
- Other SDA institutions and ministries will provide additional free materials and resources as well.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU)
Each participant will receive 1 CEU for each 10 hours of instruction. We are coordinating this with Dr. Anthony Kent from the GC Ministerial.
All the seminars will be in English. We don't guarantee translation to other languages, but we are working on that possibility.
- Lodging will be provided for the three delegates from each Division. The name/s of the Hotel/s, the address and the amenities, will be provided in the next set of letters.
- All other attendees of both, the full Field School and the Intensive School are responsible for their own lodgings. A list of hotels next to the Community Services Center will be provided, or you may search for your preference hotel on-line.
Breakfasts will be served in the local hotels. Lunch will be served at the Community Service Center immediately after the International Field School Classes, and food will be placed out for each individual to make sandwiches, etc., for supper.
- If requested, transportation from/to the airport to the hotel will be provided for the three delegates from each Division from/to one of the three NY area airports: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), LaGuardia International Airport (LGA). We will need the flight information.
- If needed, transportation from/to hotel/Adventist Community Service Center, will be provided for the three delegates from each Division. If there is room in the bus for other attendees they are welcome.
- Non delegates are responsible for their own transportation.
- Transportation from/to hotel/church to the preaching center, will be the responsibility of the local church to make arrangements with the speaker.
LETTER FOR VISA
If a delegate needs a letter to obtain the USA visa, please send via e-mail a picture or PDF copy of the passport along with the registration form.
REGISTRATION AND DEADLINE
- Each delegate and attendee must register, sending back via e-mail the attached "NY13 IFSE Registration Form" to Robert Costa, email@example.com, with copy to Don King, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For us to serve you better, to know the amount of materials to produce, food, lodging, etc., and for the churches to prepare the campaigns, we need your registration between now and December 31, 2012. The sooner, the better. After December 31, 2012, we may not guarantee most of what is promised in this letter.
- The General Conference will cover the expenses for the lodging, meals, and materials of up to three guest evangelists from each World Division (named by the Division) attending the full evangelistic Field School from June 7-29, 2013.
- If accompanied by spouse, it is delegate's responsibility to cover this extra expense, but we need to know in advance for lodging and transportation.
Airfare expenses for guest evangelists are the responsibility of the Division. Divisions/Unions/
Conferences/Missions must take the financial responsibility for all other attendees of both the full Field School and the shorter Intensive School.
DIVINELY INSPIRED FOUNDATIONAL STATEMENTS
- "ALL AUTHORITY IS GIVEN UNTO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH, GO YOU THEREFORE AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS... (Matthew 28:19).
- "THE SON OF MAN IS COME TO SEEK AND SAVE THE LOST... (Luke 19:10).
- Evangelism Our Real Work.--"Evangelistic work, opening the Scriptures to others, warning men and women of what is coming upon the world, is to occupy more and still more of the time of God's servants." (Review and Herald, Aug. 2, 1906).
- Speeding the Message.--"As a people we greatly need to humble our hearts before God, pleading His forgiveness for our neglect to fulfill the gospel commission. We have made large centers in a few places, leaving unworked many important cities. Let us now take up the work appointed us, and proclaim the message that is to arouse men and women to a sense of their danger. If every Seventh-day Adventist had done the work laid upon him, the number of believers would now be much larger than it is." (Testimonies, vol. 9, pg. 25).
- "There is no change in the messages that God has sent in the past. The work in the cities is the essential work for this time. When the cities are worked as God would have them, the result will be the setting in operation of a mighty movement such as we have not yet witnessed." (Medical Ministry, pg. 30).
- "The Lord is speaking to His people at this time, saying, Gain an entrance into the cities, and proclaim the truth in simplicity and in faith. Introduce no strange doctrine into your message, but speak the simple words of the gospel of Christ, which young and old can understand. The unlearned as well as the educated are to comprehend the truths of the third angel's message, and they must be taught in simplicity. If you would approach the people acceptably, humble your hearts before God and learn His ways." (Counsels on Medical Evangelism pg. 15).
Click below to download the form: